Illegal char in spoofed ip

Anthony Martinez pi at pihost.us
Mon Aug 16 19:29:37 EDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 01:11:03AM +0200, Simos
carved this out of pure phosphors:
> Can i remove this control ?
> [01:04] -irc2.simosnap.com- Masking your host to SIMOSNAP.0162/.pool8291.interbusiness.it
> -
> [01:04] -irc2.simosnap.com- *** Notice -- You have an illegal character in your hostname
> so ircd don't spoof ip. i've done a little patch to encrypt user ip but it use / = and other char too to make encryption.

Christ. I think you want unreal-ircd, not hybrid. Unreal has a builtin feature
to do that, you know.. If you REALLY want to stick with hybrid, fix your patch
so it doesn't use illegal characters, but i doubt you're getting any help from
the ircd-hybrid group.

--
printk("; corrupted filesystem mounted read/write - your computer
        will explode within 20 seconds ... but you wanted it so!\n");