Host masking/Cloaking

Lubomir Radev demond at demond.net
Wed Aug 18 23:34:20 EDT 2004

Well, for that particular case it would be a minor add...

In src/s_user.c, at the end of register_local_user(), just before
introduce_client(), call hook_call_event(), giving the hook registrant
an opportunity to fill in source_p->host the cloaked/masked hostname

As a side note, it would be also nice to have some extensibility of
chan/user modes functionality (adding new ones) in a similar fashion...
although I'm not sure if this can be achieved by using the existing
hook/event system only. But then again, it might be an overkill and not
feasible... just a suggestion... after all, the new src/channel_mode.c
looks pretty cool & streamlined :)