hybrid Digest, Vol 4, Issue 13

Daniel Joos danj at dtscustomsystems.com
Sun Aug 22 13:12:51 EDT 2004

Hey Jack,

I tried both plain text & encrypted and neither worked. As for the whois,
I had it originally as danj at dsl254-028-184.sea1.dsl.speakeasy.net which is
what it is.

Thanks!

------

Hey Joshua,

I tried finding a "decent" server for windows, but the only ones I found
where about as useful as a blown tire in the middle of the desert. I just
installed this on my Linux box and it's just purring away.

Thanks to you too!

I will try both of your suggestions though.

Here is what had happened, and I am not sure, but I think ircd-hybrid
might be a little touchy with this. I think that either name & user are
written wrong in the initial ircd.conf file. I changed user & name around
and it works perfectly!

Thanks a million!

Operator {
        user="~danj at dsl254-028-184.sea1.dsl.speakeasy.net*";