HELP man pages!!!

NTAMBI STEVEN sntambi at one2net.co.ug
Wed Aug 25 07:43:09 EDT 2004

Hi guys,
>On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 11:20:34AM +0300, NTAMBI STEVEN wrote:
>> I decided to reinstall, the server. The server is running but the man
>> pages didn't install. Know how to go round such a thing without
>> reinstallation?
>The man pages should be in $prefix/man, and that usually works out to
>/usr/local/ircd/man.

Oh i didn't tel you guys i put the prefix in /usr/local/irc/ircd-hybrid.
so that's where the man pages are or atleast there exists something like
/usr/local/irc/ircd-hybrid-7.0.2/man8/ircd.8 which is a txt of the man
pages.

>You can either move them all to their respective places in
>/usr/share/man (or /usr/local/man)

I'm going to copy them to /usr/share/man or /usr/local/man and see if it
will work.

>, or you can use something like nroff
>-man somepage.1 | less to just view them manually.

This opened up a blank txt!!!!
Seems my ports got a problem let me analyse the ircd.conf

>--
>Joshua Kwan

Steven
          |Steven Ntambi   |
          |Webmaster,      |
          |one2net (U) LTD,|

The higher you aim the higher you hit, though not necessarily at your aim.