problems with compiling ircd-hybrid7 on Solaris 8 SPARC.

Kelly Harding kelly.harding at ntlworld.com
Fri Aug 27 13:50:07 EDT 2004

On 10:34 Fri 27 Aug     , Joshua Kwan wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 04:42:33PM +0100, Kelly Harding wrote:
> > I'm attempting to set up an irc server on my SparcStation 20.
>
> Download Debian, install on said SS20, and apt-get install ircd-hybrid.
> :P

Yes I would of used Debian on it. But I felt like being a bit of a sadist
and learning Solaris a bit, as I already run Debian on other machines.

> Kidding aside...
>
> > lex ircd_lexer.l
> > "ircd_lexer.l":line 26: Error: missing translation value
> > make[1]: *** [lex.yy.c] Error 1
> > make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/sources/ircd-hybrid-7.0/src'
> > make: *** [build] Error 2
>
> You want 'flex', which is the GNU version of lex.

Yes, a bit of googling led me to that, a CSW archive and I've installed that.

It now compiles fine.

I just want to compile the contrib modules (well at least some of them)
but can't work out how you go about doing this, there doesn't seem to be
anything in the documentation about it.

Kelly