unable to /oper

Lee H lee at leeh.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 13:12:27 EST 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 12:52:53PM -0500, Matt Best wrote:
> I have tried every user at host that I can imagine.  Is the user at host
> setting supposed to match what is displayed when I run a /whois on
> myself?  I finally decided to just try *@*, however I don't know if
> its even valid.  I'm trying to /oper using the command "/oper password
> <mypassword>", is this correct syntax?  It gives me the message "only
> mere mortals may try blah blah.."

This means one of two things, either the user at host specified in the
operator {}; doesnt match your host on IRC, or that the class specified in
the operator {}; is invalid and/or full.

As your user="*@*"; check the class option.  Make sure the class is defined
validly, and that its defined *above* the operator.  Try looking through
your logfile and see if theres any conf errors.

--
-                       Lee H // anfl
-     Out Of Cheese Error.  Replace lesbian jam to continue.