ircd-hybrid-current and TS5 compatibility

Rachel Llorenna rachies at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 00:33:03 EST 2004

It looks as though some of the code isn't designed to be fully
backwards compatible with TS5... My snapshot (serial number
20041220_0) seems to make assumptions about whether or not a server
supports the new TS6 specification (unique ID's):

from m_links.c:
  sendto_one(source_p, form_str(RPL_LINKS),
             MyConnect(source_p) ? me.name : me.id,
             MyConnect(source_p) ? parv[0] : ID(source_p),
             me.name, me.name, 0, me.info);

  sendto_one(source_p, form_str(RPL_ENDOFLINKS),
             MyConnect(source_p) ? me.name : me.id,
             MyConnect(source_p) ? parv[0] : ID(source_p), "*");

I was wondering if this was intentional or an accidental oversight
because it appears to break TS5. Has the -current tree been tested
against current TS5 servers?
--
Regards,

Rachel Llorenna (frequency)