nicklen

pcgod at chatjunkies.org pcgod at chatjunkies.org
Tue Jul 6 18:53:40 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 11:31:09PM +0300, kinnaz wrote:
> i set nicklen to 15 what is > 9 and ircd crashes when i try to open and not connecting to anywhere , debugging info is same as month ago was described... so i would like to get any info should i go to hybrid 6.x ? right now using 7.x newest :)

Chatjunkies.org runs --with-nicklen=16 with absolutely no problems on
7.0. If you are linking this server to a network, do all servers in the network
have the same nicklen? If you compiled with debugging symbols and have
gdb handy, could you run it inside gdb and give us a backtrace? I could
probably think of a few more things if I weren't on 2 hours of sleep.

-- PC^God --