IRCD Question!

W. Campbell wcampbel at botbay.net
Fri Jul 16 17:08:47 EDT 2004

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, cyrex wrote:

> Hello,
> im coding at the moment on my OperServ
> i want that he joins a channel . I use Hybrid 7.0.2
> ircd and my problems is that , that he doesnt join
>
> i do this ways to join my Service into a Channel
>
> :OperServ JOIN #channel
>
> then i get from the ircd
>
> User on Server remotely JOINing new channel with no TS

Correct, that violates the TS protocol

> and if i use
>
> :OperServ SJOIN Time channel + :@OperServ
>
> i get no messages and he dont join :(
>
> so how i can solve this? what i do wrong

You'll need to use the servername your services program calls itself
as the prefix, ie, if the client is named OperServ on
operserv.blah.net, you'll need to use

:operserv.blah.net SJOIN time channel 0 :@OperServ

I use 0 instead of + there to symbolize no change to the channel's
modes, take a look at README.TSora in doc/technical for more
information.