segfault with hybrid 7.0.1 on debian linux (amd64)

Phillip Steinbachs pds at alloy.net
Tue Jul 27 13:59:44 EDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Joshua Kwan wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 12:31:29PM -0400, Phillip Steinbachs wrote:
>> I have compiled hybrid 7.0.1 on a machine running Debian Linux (amd64),
>> aka "pure64".  I run two seperate ircd instances, a hub and a leaf.  The
>> leaf ircd is repeatedly segfaulting after a few minutes.  It appears that
>> any activity causes this, such as:
>
> Well, hold it right there:
>
> http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pure64/pool/unstable/main/amd64/i/ircd-hybrid/
>
> Try those first.

I'm running this now, so I'll report if it crashes.  However, it's not a
permanent solution, as I will want to recompile from source with different
compile time options.  What compiler did you use?  I had tried both 3.3.4
and the experimental 3.4.1 on alioth.  I haven't seen any 2.95 packages
floating around, but I was running 7.0.1 on a different machine (albeit
32bit) using gcc 3.x

Thanks.

-phillip