2 Hubs "fail-over" configuration

Joan Sarah Touzet joant at ieee.org
Mon Jun 21 09:56:22 EDT 2004

Hi Massimo,

I'd do this at a different level, using a failover mechanism such as MAC
address takeover, NAT translation for virtual IP address takeover, or a
DNS reconfiguration implementation with a short TTL.  Most of these will
require some custom scripting on your part, or you may be able to adapt
software such as Fake (http://www.vergenet.net/linux/fake/), Heartbeat
(http://linux-ha.org/) or Failover (http://failover.othello.ch/) to do
what you need.

Always happy to help an OS/2 user.  :)

-Joan

Thus spake Massimo @ eCS . it (massimo at ecomstation.it):

--
- Joan Sarah Touzet         |So grey is not the color I expected           -
- joant at ieee.org            |On someone who's so often touched by grace    -