Problem with OpenSSL

pcgod at chatjunkies.org pcgod at chatjunkies.org
Fri Jun 25 12:08:54 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 01:00:38PM +0000, jim van wel wrote:
> Hi there,
> I have a problem with OpenSSL version openssl-0.9.7d and i have compiled
> with:
>
> ./configure --enable-openssl=/mydir/openssl < example of what I did.
>
> Now when I connect I get this message with BitchX:
>
> ∙?∙ error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown
> protocol
> ∙?∙ SSL CHK error - -1 5
> ∙?∙ Closing SSL connection
>
> I also get simular messages with other clients. What am I doing wrong.
>
> Hope you have a suggestion.

afik, hybrid doesn't support client SSL connections. It does support
server to server SSL connections. The Chatjunkies ircd development team
(well, I guess that's just me) has plans to patch ircd-hybrid-7.0.3
(when it's released) for client SSL connections (if there isn't such a
patch available already). Once that's done, I have plans to post it
here. Unfortunately, I'm leaving for vacation.... now, so it's not going
to get done anytime soon. btw, if there is already such a patch
available, please let me know so I can save some work :-)

-- PC^God --