Time Delta

Paul-Andrew Joseph Miseiko esoteric at teardrop.ca
Sun Nov 14 23:37:35 EST 2004

Yes getting NTP working is the best solution.

You can run ntpdate (example: ntpdate teardrop.ca) inside a crontab as root
once a day or for optimal time synchronization run ntpd.

To run ntpd first setup the /etc/ntp.conf file by placing a few lines in it
as so:

server 216.58.80.246
restrict 216.58.80.246 noquery nomodify notrap nopeer
restrict 127.0.0.1 noserve nomodify notrap nopeer
restrict default ignore

This will synchronize to my server using the default poll values and will
allow the localhost the ability to view NTP statistics with programs such as
ntpq and ntpdc.  (To see offset statistics try "ntptime", or "ntpq -p", or
"ntpdc -c sysinfo".