7.1-current SSL

Marcin Kulas hitower at kropka.net
Sat Nov 20 08:28:28 EST 2004

On Fri, 19.11.2004 (21:59:22 +0100), Marcin Kulas <hitower at kropka.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 19.11.2004 (12:57:43 -0500), timwoj at ieee.org <timwoj at ieee.org>
> wrote:
>
> > I'm still looking into the lagging.  The code isn't that different
> > between 7.0.3 and 7.1, so I don't see why it would work fine there and
> > not here.  Just for the record, I'm seeing none of those lag problems on
> > either local or remote connections.  What client are you using?  Are you
> > connecting as an oper?  I see you're spoofing the hostname, so maybe I
> > should try that as well.
>
> It was irssi v0.8.9, local connection with spoof and umode +ao.

Ok, it seems to be the client problem. Irssi closes connection after some
period of time, and it's probably server_connect_timeout relevant.

I had:
  server_connect_timeout = 5min
  server_reconnect_time = 15min
and I was dropped initially after 15 minutes, and then every 5 min.

I set both variables to 5min, and it's enough to stay alive.
It's strange for me, because my connection class has ping_time = 3 min.

--
Marcin Kulas