Ircd with Dynamic IP

Lubomir Radev demond at demond.net
Sat Oct 9 22:18:19 EDT 2004

Nope, there's no such restriction. Actually there is, but for clients only -
hybrid won't show your client's hostname (will show the IP instead) unless
it has forward and reverse DNS resolving.

He's talking about the possibility to somehow authorize a server connection
from dynamic IP - which is perfectly possible, since the connecting server's
hostname is matched against all connect blocks using match(), hence you can
use wildcards.

Massimo, if your server's dynamic hostname is something like
pppoe123.domain.com, just mask it in the uplink's connect block, and this
will work (it had worked for me):

connect {
	host = "*.domain.com";
	name = "irc.server.com";
}

IP masking like 1.2.3.* should work as well.