bsd error 7.0.3

avudz aku at avudz.cc
Tue Oct 26 04:31:42 EDT 2004

On Monday 25 October 2004 11:04 pm, Jonathan R. Lusky wrote:
> Joan Sarah Touzet writes:
> > Thus spake avudz (aku at avudz.cc):
> > > I just verified that GNU make > 3.7x.x work well with new hybrid, when
> > > i do strings /usr/bin/make in bsd box,  i found that missing word. i
> > > think the error came from bsd make ? anybody knows how to solve the
> > > problem ?
> >
> > Unfortunately, GNU Make is required.  Other versions of make are not
> > supported.
>
> FreeBSD make works too.  Tested with FreeBSD 4.10, but should work with
> fairly old versions too.

hmm.. i'm trying with 4.10 also, but found same problem.
*fyuh* perhaps i need to look at makefile.

-bash-2.05b$ make
build ==> modules
"Makefile", line 81: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 84: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 86: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 88: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 96: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 100: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 115: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/dani/avudz/hybrid-7.ALLNet.
-bash-2.05b$ gmake
build ==> modules
"Makefile", line 81: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 84: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 86: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 88: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 96: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 100: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 115: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
gmake: *** [build] Error 1
-bash-2.05b$ uname -a
FreeBSD aku.avudz.cc 4.10-STABLE FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE #0: Sat Jun 12 12:24:23
WIT 2004     root at aku.avudz.cc:/usr/src/sys/compile/stable  i386

regards,

./avd