hybrid 0.7.2 / 0.7.3 and freebsd

Koos van den Hout koos at kzdoos.xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 15 07:52:10 EDT 2005

Quoting Lee H who wrote on Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 11:55:21AM +0100:

> On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 09:56:51AM +0200, Koos van den Hout wrote:
> > [2005/4/14 15.49] opening listener socket [10.42.2.48/6150]:Protocol not
> > supported
>
> This looks like either youve enabled ipv6 when its not supported at all, or
> you need to enable the sysctl setting for mapped ipv4-in-ipv6 sockets.

This may be a jail thing too... Nothing IPv6 is working in the jail. Which
is correct according to some google searches. But I don't like that, to put
it mildly.

Recompiling with --disable-ipv6. This gives me at least a working listening
socket.

> > the 'special' thing is that this will be running in a jail which may be the
> > source of problems. I'd really like it to work in the jail environment
> > because of the hosting choice.
>
> You'll hit a problem here - hyb7.0 uses adns, which uses raw sockets to do
> dns requests.  These are normally forbidden within a fbsd jail, youd need to
> patch fbsd to allow them for dns to work -- google "freebsd adns jail" or
> something. :)

Indeed..

Thanks.

                                           Koos

--
Koos van den Hout,           PGP keyid RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5 via keyservers
koos at kzdoos.xs4all.nl        or DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263                        -?)