FW: ircd-hybrid release notification - ircd-hybrid-7.1.1

Lee H lee at leeh.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 04:57:56 EDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 10:51:24PM -0400, Jon Lusky wrote:

> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ircd-hybrid/ircd-hybrid-7.1.1.tgz
> 97d5ca375831bb9cc42348383b836cf2  ircd-hybrid-7.1.1.tgz
>
> -- ircd-hybrid-7.1.1 RELNOTES

Is there a reason you decided to deliberately break compatibility with
ircd-ratbox for remote XLINE?  I find it somewhat confusing, especially
when I wrote a new syntax for these to go over ENCAP to avoid problems
with munging the old protocol.

So now any temporary xlines from hyb7.1 -> ratbox will get converted to
permanent, and because you ignored the ENCAP method which avoids this
problem, temporary xlines from ratbox -> hyb7.1 are lost.

http://www.leeh.co.uk/newcluster.txt -- I wrote that sometime early 2004
and it was in a 'stable' release since May 2004.  I think I also talked
to Bill about it, so I find it hard to believe there was no way for you
to realise id done this.

If you want me to keep compatibility with hybrid, you have to play the
same game and not deliberately break compatibility with ratbox.  Its
your call.

--
Lee H