FW: ircd-hybrid release notification - ircd-hybrid-7.1.1

Lee H lee at leeh.co.uk
Sun Aug 7 16:29:51 EDT 2005

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 09:18:33PM +0200, Piotr Ni?y?ski wrote:
> We can inform of our important protocol changes on this mailing list. Or
> alternatively, we can start a new mailing list. This would also help
> hybserv people, and others.

Is all of the hybrid team, from the top downwards agreed on this?  You have
a more developers to coordinate, and for this to work it will require you
all agree to do it.  An existing mailing list (like this) would also be
better, as you then have a bigger pool of experience to draw on.

This will also need to be more than just notification.  The only way this
could be useful is if both teams swallow their pride and discuss protocol
changes with the other team before theyre done, and be willing to accept
suggestions on different ways to do it.

What will happen about the current incompatibilities?  XLINE? 707/708
numerics?

Adding RXLINE to CAP_CLUSTER, instead of using ENCAP like it should?
This just devalues the whole idea of capabilities -- youre grafting a new
command onto an existing capability, which means the capability no longer
has a specific meaning.

These need to be resolved before anything else.

--
-                 Lee H // anfl