Partial Spoofing of User's Addresses

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Thu Feb 10 07:21:33 EST 2005

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 11:43:29PM -0800, Jack L. wrote:
[format recovered - see http://www.lemis.com/email/email-format.html]
> Michael <xeon at xshellr8.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Jack.
> >
> > I'm surprised that no one has created some hack that will allow
> > hybrid to do this, especially since there are other ircd's that do.
> >
> > At any rate, thanks for the help.
>
> It has been discussed many times and I believe there are patches out
> there for it, but a lot of us don't like the idea of hostmasking so
> that is why its not in the stock ircd, however, if someone creates a
> patch that will provide hostmasking, we might put it in the contrib
> portion. And as for those other ircds, those are the other ircds :)

Actually, I believe this is part of the modifications in the
ircd-hybrid-7-bg project - http://sourceforge.net/projects/hybrid7-bg/
I'm not quite sure how easy it would be to extract just the hostmasking
part, though...

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at cnsys.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org
The rest of this sentence is written in Thailand, on