list function

Rachel Llorenna rachies at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 21:45:21 EST 2005

If I recall correctly, ircd-hybrid uses the channel creation date to
display channels in LIST output, but most IRC clients rearrange it to
the creator's liking. mIRC, for example, sorts by the number of users,
while other clients do not do any sorting. You can *send* the channel
list entry first, but that doesn't mean that it will be on the top due
to client-side sorting. Your best bet is to perhaps falsify the user
count so that it's much larger (impossibly so) than all the other
channels. There really isn't any easy way to ensure that it always
comes out on the top of channel listings.

--
Regards,

Rachel Llorenna (frequency)