+g mode

Lee H lee at leeh.co.uk
Thu Feb 17 14:49:25 EST 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 06:59:39PM -0800, Sameer R. Manek wrote:
> One thing that I would like to see added to the +g feature. If someone is in
> +g they should not be able to send a message to someone that is not in their
> accept list.
>
> +g_person /msg friend something
> friend /msg +g_person reply
>
> Friend's message gets blocked by the +g, either sending a /msg to someone
> should automatically add them to the accept list, or it shouldn't be
> allowed.

Unrealistic, for multiple reasons.  Firstly, there is nothing stopping the
client doing this itself.  You can easily hook into creation of a query
window, or an outbound message, check against your internal lists and issue
an ACCEPT if you dont see the nick there.  Whats the point in wasting cpu
cycles on the server doing it when the client can easily do it itself?

Secondly, if I want to message a bot for ops why must I accept the bots nick
first, or have it automatically done for me?  I dont need the bot on my
accept list -- all im doing is asking it for ops, theres nothing it needs to
do other than op me.

--
-                       Lee H // anfl
-     Out Of Cheese Error.  Replace lesbian jam to continue.