How Do I Restrict Access to IRC Server

Chris Johnson wacky at wacky.ws
Wed Mar 30 22:03:30 EST 2005

John

You could accomplish this by using "password = "pass";" in your auth{} block to deny access to the server itself (example.conf explains this) . Users would need the password to connect. As far as channels go you could simply use +k  /mode #chan +k foo. in which you would need to know the pass and /join #chan foo. There are other ways also, try /quote help cmode for a listing of the cmodes and what they do.

Hope this helps

--
Christopher Johnson - <wacky at wacky.ws>