client ssl

Paul-Andrew Joseph Miseiko esoteric at teardrop.ca
Sat Oct 1 22:01:28 EDT 2005

I am assuming when you wrote "only counts for the server of that admin"
that you understood any administrator between source and destination on an
IRC network could read the data unencrypted.

Also, as you so elegantly pointed out, you don't think that there are many
rogue admins out there whom would want to log someones conversations; just
like there are not very many people *period* whom would want to log
someones conversation...  so in your own argument for SSL you strike one
against SSL. ;)

Using SSL with a shell provider once again provides a potential point of
exposure.  The only time SSL can be trusted as both safe and secure
involves only the target and source as capable of deciphering each others
message.

--
( Biggest security gap -- an open mouth )