Sending notification/autojoin channel

David K. Sayre dks at lanl.gov
Mon Feb 27 18:20:36 EST 2006

Hello all, I hope someone can help.

My problem is that I need to send out a banner to every machine that
connects to our IRC. Some clients are currently ignoring the MOTD,
mainly for the mac.

So my thought was that I want a bot that will message all new users.
I haven't found anything like that unless you join a channel. So my
question is, is there a way to force all users to join #lobby or
something like that. Alternatively if someone knows an easy way to
just make a bot message everyone as they log in, that would be great
too.

Thank You,
David Sayre
Los Alamos National Labs