identd required

Albert A. Modderkolk mdd at advwebsys.com
Fri Jun 2 10:31:10 EDT 2006

I have just installed ircd-hybrid 7.2.1, edited the .conf file, saved
that and started ircd.  Configured xchat and made the connection.  It
complained that I hadn't identd running.... installed and started identd
on my system.  Tried again but it continues to complain that it gets no
response from identd.  Looked again at the ircd.conf file and saw that
there is a need_ident option but it is not in the list of flags.
I tried other chat sites and had no problem.

Any ideas?
Tia, Albert
--
Skype name: amodderkolk