hybrid Digest, Vol 22, Issue 12

Paul Merlin paulmer2003 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 14:55:53 EST 2006

> Hello all, I hope someone can help.
>
> My problem is that I need to send out a banner to every machine that
> connects to our IRC. Some clients are currently ignoring the MOTD,
> mainly for the mac.
>
> So my thought was that I want a bot that will message all new users.
> I haven't found anything like that unless you join a channel. So my
> question is, is there a way to force all users to join #lobby or
> something like that. Alternatively if someone knows an easy way to
> just make a bot message everyone as they log in, that would be great
> too.
>
> Thank You,
> David Sayre
> Los Alamos National Labs

> Or, use irc services - i guess most all of services has such feature,
> at least hybserv/anope has.
>
> np: 1. The Thrillseekers Present Nightmusic Volume 1 "Disc 2 the Producer"
>
> Best regards,
> CoolCold [COOLCOLD-RIPN]

Exactly. I would reccommend deploying anope. If you dont want your
users being able to use services, there is a anope module you can use
so only operators can register nicks. The option your looking for in
anope is called OS (OperServ) LOGONNEWS which NOTICES's a client a
predefnined message. You can have up to 4 diffrent messages.