IRCd-Hybrid with OpenSSL support in Debian: licences conflictresolution

Jon Lusky lusky at blown.net
Sun Sep 3 11:27:45 EDT 2006

Changing the license is much easier said than done.  There are many
copyright holders in IRCD-Hybrid, many that predate the Hybrid project, and
changing the license would require approval by all of them.

The simplest solution is for Debian to include OpenSSL as part of their base
operating system, then there would be no licensing conflict if users linked
against OpenSSL. However, if someone would like to volunteer to modify
ircd-hybrid so that it can use either OpenSSL or GNUTLS, that would be
great.