Logging

Paul Edgar javaoops at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 6 14:01:03 EST 2007

All,

Am I missing something here,  in ircd.conf file, I have the logs section
setup as

/*
 * log {}:  contains information about logfiles.
 */
log {
        use_logging = yes;
        fname_userlog = "logs/userlog";
        fname_operlog = "logs/operlog";
        fname_killlog = "logs/kill";
        fname_klinelog = "logs/kline";
        fname_glinelog = "logs/gline";

        /*
         * log_level: the amount of detail to log in ircd.log.  The
         * higher, the more information is logged.  May be changed
         * once the server is running via /quote SET LOG.  Either:
         * L_CRIT, L_ERROR, L_WARN, L_NOTICE, L_TRACE, L_INFO or L_DEBUG
         */
        log_level = L_INFO;
};

However, when I look in the "logs/userlog" directory I see no files.  In
fact, none of the subdirectories under logs contain any files.

ircd.log is created in the 'log' directory.

Do I not understand what this section is really for? I would guess that
all user info would be logged to "log/userlog" but maybe I am wrong.

Any Suggestions?

PaulE