Right way to increase "ping timeout" for clients?

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Tue Apr 29 23:21:21 EDT 2008

I'm trying to up the threshhold at which ping timeouts occur -- it
seems to default to 180 seconds.

src/client.c there is the following:

  if (CurrentTime - client_p->lasttime >= 2 * ping)

I tried tracing "ping" back, but it got a little too crazy for me.
Looks like this is derived from something else and there's no simple
#define for it anywhere.  I guess I could probably increase the
multiplier in the check above to 3, but I'm curious if there is a
better way to do this if I wanted to increase ping timeout checking to
some arbitrary amount of seconds.

Thanks!
Ray

--
Ray Van Dolson <rayvd at bludgeon.org>
GPG Fingerprint: 175B D779 4BC9 D5FF 5CC9  CE79 BCB4 0703 B51E 9F1A