[hybrid] Load balancing

John C. Bland II johncblandii at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 15:53:55 EDT 2010

- How complicated do you want your life to be?
That's not really a concern. We just want to make sure our chat scales and
scales well.

- Just how many users are you expecting to support?
Initially only a few thousand but it could spike to the 10k+ range pretty
fast.

- How much do you want to spend?
No cost issue here.

-  And, do you expect it to magically police itself. ^^?
Yep. We push new servers live and ircd should properly handle itself.

I just want to make sure we have chosen the proper IRC server. Balancing the
load isn't a concern right now but will be once we get more traction.

---
John C. Bland II
http://www.johncblandii.com
http://www.johnandseason.com