[hybrid] Searching for current m_cgiirc.c or other recommended way to let qwebirc set end user IPs on connections

Gavin Hanover gavin at subnets.org
Sat Nov 13 21:48:45 EST 2010

I'm not aware of any version without hardcoded passwords, and things haven't
changed much since 2002. If I recall the inner workings correctly, cgiirc
clients that get spoofed as the users host (rather than the webserver's
host) basically use whatever value the webserver passes for the host to
spoof as. Because of this, connection classes that work with the cgiirc
module should be limited to webservers you explicitly trust (ie - don't
leave it open to everyone). This is probably why hardcoded passwords (used
only in the web application config, not by the user) have not been an issue.

--
0xAC7DFDE0877E7364