[hybrid] +R patch

Martin Pola martin at pola.org
Mon Sep 19 15:38:11 EDT 2011

Hello

I have taken a patch for an old version of ircd-hybrid and ported it to ircd-
hybrid 7.3.1. Basically what it does is that it adds the channel mode +R. That
mode takes one parameter, a user host in the form of nick!user at host.

If a channel becomes opless, the server will try to see if there is anyone
from the +R list in the channel. If so, it will op the person with least idle
time.

Here's the patch:
http://matilda.kottnet.net/archive/IRC/modeR.patch

The time between the checks should probably be changed to 1800 or 3600
seconds; it's set very low right now so that people testing it don't have to
wait for the reopping to occur.

Is this something that could be in either contrib/ or in the official release?
It's possible to turn it off in ircd.conf, in the same way as with +e and +I.

Kind Regards,
Martin