[hybrid] Hello Mailing list

Lee Forest lee8oi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 16:36:10 EDT 2012

I'm Lee. I'm new to running an ircd, but not new to computers,
programming, linux, or servers. I recently configured and installed
ircd-hybrid along with hybserv on my server machine running Ubuntu
Server Edition 11.10. Everything is fast, its stable, its just rocking
along. The main reason I setup an ircd is because I wanted to embed a
certain java client (PJIRC) into my website for use with chatting on
irc. The answer was to have the chat and the irc server together in the
same place. Answer to what? A java security popup that was repeatedly
trying to block the app. But now everything is good. I'm pleased with
the results. Figured I'd join in on the mailing list to see if I can
find a community available to answer questions. Not much of that in the
IRC channel I found. Could use a whiff of coffee and some music in there
that's for sure.