[hybrid] Linking 7/8 with cryptlink/SSL?

David Taylor davidt at yadt.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 04:25:26 EST 2013

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:

> I'm not an experienced operator on a large network, but even with
> the modest network I'm involved in that'll mean a lot more disruption
> than is desirable. If it came to it I'd probably prefer to temporarily
> configure non-SSL links in preference to a big bang upgrade.

You could, in theory, manage it with minimal disruption like this:

* Install hybrid-8 in parallel with hybrid-7 on all hosts (separate port)
* Configure a non-encrypted link between the 7 and 8 nets on one host
* On each host in turn, shut down 7, and add the ports to the 8 config
* (Start with leafs and work up to the hub connecting 7 to 8)

--
David Taylor