[hybrid] ssl config syntax

Ingo Schmitt ingo.schmitt at binarysignals.net
Sun Jan 20 04:34:40 EST 2013

On 01/19/13 21:16, Henri Salo wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 09:05:31PM +0100, Ingo Schmitt wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> i compiled hybrid-7.2.2.dfsg.2-6 with ssl but it won't start ssl'd.
>>
>> the relevant part of the log file:
>>
>> [2013/1/19 20.36] "/etc/ircd-hybrid/ircd.conf", line 41:
>> syntax error:  ssl_private_key = "/etc/ircd-hybrid/ssl/rsa.key";
>>
>> line 41 in my .conf is:
>>
>> 	ssl_private_key = "/etc/ircd-hybrid/ssl/rsa.key";
>>
>> the file exists, contains my key and is readable by the ircd.
>>
>> what could be my problem?
>>
>> thx!
>> ingo
>
> Are you sure you want to use Debian package of the software? There is lots of changes in latest releases of hybrid. If you do want to use ircd-hybrid in Debian I think you should not be building it from sources, but instead use the package itself. Last time I tested latest Debian stable package was working without problems.
>
> - Henri Salo

Hi Henry,

I used the same conf with the binary pkg from the stable repo. The SSL
part in my conf were completely ignored by the demon. After some google
research, I found the reason why.

"Due to licensing problems, ircd-hybrid is compiled without SSL support
in Debian (i.e. when you grab the .deb package from apt). Compiling it
with SSL yourself does not require many steps however..."

Then I tried the apt-src version and apt claimed that an commit / code
sign from the devs are missing - I had to sign it with an exernal key.
So I think that might be the actual reason for the missong ssl support.

If Mark's tip won't help and I cannot figure out the debian issue, I
take the latest stable source and compile it without apt.

Thx,
Ingo