[hybrid] Clients can't connect (register) on Ubuntu 12.04LTS system

David Smith dfluff76+hybrid at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 03:51:43 EDT 2013

Just as a quick test before work, I made sure selinux was disabled...
root at copstick4:/etc/ircd-hybrid# setenforce 0
setenforce: SELinux is disabled
root at copstick4:/etc/ircd-hybrid# /etc/init.d/ircd-hybrid restart
Restarting Hybrid 7 IRC Server: ircd-hybrid.
root at copstick4:/etc/ircd-hybrid# irssi

...but still got the same client-not-registering problem.  Thanks for the
tip Jack, but sadly that wasn't it...

--Dave