[hybrid] Clients can't connect (register) on Ubuntu 12.04LTS system

rjvahc at googlemail.com rjvahc at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 12 04:21:29 EDT 2013

1. nmap localhost, some cases show that server software is running but
no port is open.
2. less /var/log/syslog, anything about "ircd" or problems there? tail
-f syslog on one term/session, ircd restart on another.
What is the difference between hardware old and new? 64bit, what more?
If software is totally identical and configs are totally identical, then
the only thing that comes to mind is that not all hardware is good for
your machine. At least, ircd doesn't work properly with it, even if it
never may be the case, like with other things sometimes.
Getting more information in Internet is in this case not so real, as
some problem are quite special and occur for special people only,
majority does not even hear about such problems, so there is no
documentation at all. Three weeks are quite lot of time, and I know what
it is to be out of ideas when things happen that never should happen, if
you want to get your problem done faster way, then you probably should
be ready to discuss it on some faster media, like foreign IRC server or
write/talk on the command line. Other, but similar way would be remote
assistance, but it only works on clean machine or where you won't get
any problems because of guests, command line per ssh, account with
membership in tty group and ar for disassembling of .deb are required,
like also access to irc server log files. Find a person you trust who
could help you per remote command line.