[hybrid] HOPM not connecting under FreeBSD

Martin Pola martin at pola.org
Mon Apr 27 14:03:48 EDT 2015

Hi,

I read about HOPM and figured it would probably be a better choice than
the outdated BOPM, which I previously relied on for many years. I
downloaded the tarball, installed it and edited the configuration
appropriately. Unfortunately, it didn't connect:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=WsXBuZvW

So I cleard my hopm.conf, copied reference.conf to hopm.conf again and
made sure not to change anything but the IRC server's IP and port. That
didn't help. BOPM, however, connects just fine, to the same IP/port.

This is my setup:
$ uname -a
FreeBSD [HOSTNAME] 10.1-RELEASE-p6 FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p6 #0: Tue Feb
24 19:00:21 UTC 2015
root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

Since I really want to run HOPM, I set up a Debian machine, and from
there it seems to work without any major disappointments. In other
workds, the problem seems to be platform-specific.

Kind regards,
Martin Pola