Oper access, Channel administration and settings.conf error message

Matt Best matthew.best at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 10:14:06 EST 2004

Hello list,

I'm using a stand-alone Hybrid IRCD on Debian Sarge and have a few questions...

Using the following versions:

Hybserv version 1.8.0+1.9.0rc2

ircd-hybrid version  7.0.3-1

I get this error in my /var/log/ircd/hybserv.log:

Tue Dec  7 09:59:06 2004 Warning: /etc/hybserv/settings.conf:87
Unknown directive [PipeFile] (ignoring)
Tue Dec  7 09:59:06 2004 Unable to read /var/run/ircd/hybserv.pid
Tue Dec  7 09:59:06 2004 HybServ2 TS services version
1.9.0-rc2_20030405_6 started

It doesn't seem to affect the operation of the services, however it's
puzzling.  Any ideas?

Also, I would like users to be able to create their own channels,
however not be given Op priviledges on unregistered channels (i.e.
when the channel is empty they are granted Op).  How is this done
using Hybserv?

Finally, I have been having some difficulty in getting my Oper privs
to work.  My O: line in hybserv.conf looks like this:

O:matt at 172.16.2.1:<md5passwd>:segj

When I issue /oper while i'm connected as matt at 172.16.2.1, it denies me access.

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards,

Matt