segfault with hybrid 7.0.1 on debian linux (amd64)

Phillip Steinbachs pds at alloy.net
Fri Jul 30 00:20:34 EDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Joshua Kwan wrote:

> Not sure. I think it's 3.3 but there has been word of rebuilding the
> distribution with 3.4. 64-bit.
>
> If ircd segfaults, a core would be really helpful, alongwith the actual
> ircd binary. Would help us nail down whether it's 64-bit compiler
> breakage or 64-bit uncleanlines in hybrid.
>
> [ PS. Just read the other message you posted and I guess it's a hybrid
> bug. Please submit a core, backtrace, and a tar of your unstripped
> build... ]

http://openirc.net/files/

Each tarball includes a backtrace file, compile arguments, core file,
and bin and modules directories.  These were compiled with gcc 3.3.4
(Debian 1:3.3.4-5) against the ircd-hybrid 7.0.3 Debian source from
alioth.

Let me know if there is more I can do to help with debugging this.
Thanks.

-phillip