Ircd spam filter

Bill Bierman bill at mu.org
Thu May 27 16:36:12 EDT 2004

<snip>

>    Please, take some time to consider my mail.

<snip>

This has been considered many times in the past, and has been rejected each
time.  The ircd has no business parsing private messages.  This is a
performance IRCD and cannot be bothered to waste CPU cycles invading
peoples' privacy.  This sort of thing is best left to some sort of bot.

Bill

--

William Alexander Bierman III

"How is this hate so deep, to lead us all so blindly killing?  Fools are we.
 If hate's the gate to peace, this is the last stop.  War: the only way to
 peace?  I don't fall for that.  You're righteous, so righteous, you're
 always so right.  Here there is more than's showing up, and I hope we can
 break it down so it's not so black and white."

    -- Dave Matthews