Ircd spam filter

Harald Paulsen harald at paulsen.no
Thu May 27 18:32:06 EDT 2004

On Wed, 5 May 2004, Philippe wrote:
>    Is it possible to add private message spam filtering feature in hybrid ?
>    Somiething like this :

Allthough I agree that it could be beneficial to have a feature like
that sometimes, it is a dangerous line to cross.

1) It can and will be abused
2) Server operators risk loosing their common carrier-status.

On the other hand, if one could load a module that specifically filters
ONE special message, #2 might be avoided. It's risky though.

We have no business reading peoples messages, even if to protect them.

--
Harald - http://www.hevtollgrensa.no/
ATTENTION: if someone offers you money, advice on making money, or easy