ircd Archive looking for new maintainer

W. Campbell wcampbel at botbay.net
Thu Oct 28 16:53:33 EDT 2004

The ircd patch archive I have maintained for the past three years on
http://ircd.botbay.net is now offline permanently.

This e-mail is to see if anyone from the Hybrid, ratbox, or IRC
services community wishes to take over maintainer-ship (and hosting) of
the archive and its components.

At peak, the archive hosted over 78MB of Hybrid patches and modified
versions; 44MB of ratbox patches, modified versions, and CVS
checkouts; 20MB of archived ircd services programs; and nearly 10MB of
server administration and opering tools.  In total, the archive is
over 180MB in size.

In addition to the file archive, a list of "open-source" services
programs known to run on any of the TSora compatible ircd's was
maintained, the page for my own defunct set of statistical services,
and provided a PHP script that generated a "services shortcut"
commands module for your server

Since I no longer have the time or interest to keep the archive
maintained, I want to find someone who does, to continue to provide
the service to the community.

If you wish to maintain the archive, or wish to ask additional
questions, please reply to me OFF LIST.

Thank you for your time.

PS.  The archive was taken down prior to this mailing to prevent mass
mirrorers from hogging my limited bandwidth.

PPS.  The archive was created to cover ALL major EFnet ircd's, I wish
for it to remain that way.