The IRCD server protocol

pcgod at chatjunkies.org pcgod at chatjunkies.org
Sun Sep 12 19:09:25 EDT 2004

On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 07:04:35PM -0300, Cody Harris wrote:
> It sounds weird, but what I want to do is connect hybrid and unreal
> together, and I thought I have to make my own server to do it...
>
> But my question is, how does it get this ecoding:
> :.?sUt0??? PART #mediaone
>
> And:
> :ircd.vectec.net SJOIN 1095003606 #mediaone + :@QBasicer
>
> Where does it get the # from, and where does it get .?sUt0??? from?

hmm, why would you want to do something like that? Because of the
differences in hybrid and unreal, not only would this be more difficult
to do than it would appear at first, but unreal has all kinds of strange
extensions to the protocol that hybrid just doesn't support. Best case,
you end up with a desynched network, unless you really know what you're
doing.

I'm not all that familiar with unreal's server communications, but that
.?sUt0??? is in the position for the client's ID. as for the #, the only
place I see one there is at the beginning of the channel names.

Anyway, if you really want to go ahead with this, a first step would be
to learn TS in hybrid. I believe there's some documentation on that
protocol distributed with the source. Unreal should have something
similar. Honestly, I think it'd be much easier to migrate everyone to
the same ircd.

-- PC^God --