[SOCKET ERROR]: Connection reset by peer

Michael xeon at xshellr8.com
Sat Feb 5 07:09:00 EST 2005

Hello everyone,

I'm new to ircd's and this will be my first attempt at setting my own
up.  I can't seem to figure out what's causing the current problem I'm
having.  I've searched via google to no avail and have read as many
FAQ's as humanly possible and I still don't have an answer for what may
be causing this error.

I own my own server so modification to the ircd.conf is not an issue.
Here is what happens when I try to connect to my running ircd:

Attempting connection to irc.mynet.net (orphan_servers) on port 6667
Looking up the server hostname (irc.mynet.net)...
Server hostname resolved to 66.15.xx.xx
Contacting IRC server irc.mynet.net (66.15.xx.xx) on port 6667
Connection established [irc.mynet.net (66.15.xx.xx:6667)]
Local host address is 66.15.xx.xx
Logging in as Zeon!TheOne :http://www.mynet.com/
[SOCKET ERROR]: Connection reset by peer
Connection terminated [irc.mynet.net (66.15.xx.xx:6667)]

Any help you can shed on what may be causing this problem would be
appreciated.

Michael