Can't /OPER

Michael xeon at xshellr8.com
Sat Feb 5 22:21:17 EST 2005

Jack L. wrote:

>Is the host in the config the same as the one you are trying to oper with?

I figured out what the problem was.  I didn't realize that the
encryption password had to be entered into the config and that you issue
the NON-encrypted password on the command line.  I was doing it the
other way around.  Instead of issuing the plaintext password on the
command line I was entering the encrypted password there.

I feel really lame now that I think about it.  It makes much more sense
the way it works. LOL

At any rate, I appreciate those of you who submitted their comments and
help.

Michael