(invalid) command 'CLIENT'with only 9 arguments (expecting 10).

Gael de Lannoy gaeldl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 17:51:39 EDT 2005

I have two v7.0.3 hybrid hub servers (serv.er1 and serv.er2), linked with
cryptlink, but it only links for like 1sec then i get this error on
serv.er1: "*** Notice -- Dropping server serv.er2 due to (invalid) command
'CLIENT'with only 9 arguments (expecting 10)."

I tried everything to fix it.. i even went into the source code and i saw
the sendnick_TS() function in s_serv.c sends 9 args.. Its where the problem
happens. I have no clue why the other server requires 10 args !

I use the SSL patch for clients
(http://www.wohmart.com/ircd/pub/hybrid/3-Feature/timwoj-ssl/)

This is my connect {} block on serv2.conf in case it helps you to find the
problem:

connect {
        name = "serv.er1";
        host = "192.168.0.3";
        send_password = "whatever";
        accept_password = "whatever";
        encrypted = no;
        port = 12321;
        hub_mask = "*";
        class = "server";
        autoconn = yes;
        cryptlink = yes;
        rsa_public_key_file = "etc/serv.er1.pub";
};

And Serv1.conf:
connect {
        name = "serv.er2";
        host = "192.168.0.2";
        send_password = "whatever";
        accept_password = "whatever";
        encrypted = no;
        port = 12321;
        class = "server";
        autoconn = yes;
        cryptlink = yes;
        rsa_public_key_file = "etc/serv.er2.pub";
        hub_mask = "*";
};

I tried without cryptlink and the error stays..