200 character channel name limit

Joan Sarah Touzet joant at ieee.org
Sat Mar 5 16:37:18 EST 2005

Hi Rachel,

I think the answer is "tradition."  There's no specifically good reason,
and if you prefer a different limit on your network, then go for it.

EFNet presently has a 200 character limit; do a /whois Wohali to see a
channel that makes use of all 200 characters.

-Joan

Thus spake Rachel Llorenna (rachies at gmail.com):