ircd-hybrid release notification - ircd-hybrid-7.1.3

Ariel Biener ariel at efnet.org.il
Sat Oct 15 12:21:41 EDT 2005

On Saturday 15 October 2005 17:34, Jon Lusky wrote:

  Hello,

    Let me begin by thanking the hybrid team for the good work they do for
so many years.

    I have a list of bugs:

1). the xline propery in the oper block, aka in the flags line doesn't work,
only xline = yes|no; works.
2). CIDR I: lines no longer work for me.
3). The documentation of the changes between the releases lacks.
4). Some things in the oper properties only work in the flag directive, some
only work with the old way (property = yes|no);
5). Help doesn't work anymore.

   Also, I have at least one suggestion, namely, creating a parser that will
parse a 7.0.x config (including the .include files), and will parse it to a
7.1.x compatible file. Also, if any of the xline/resv files need some
adjusting to be understood by the new ircd, it also needs a parser.

This is the first time in years that moving over has wrecked so much havoc. I
am partly to blame, but please take the above into consideration.

best,

--Ariel

 Ariel Biener
 *.il EFnet Admin